Get a Road ID for safety
Immediate medical and contact info is available to first responders in the event of a mishap. I wear mine 24/7. Click the logo to check it out.
COUPON: good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 08/08/2011. To order, click the link
Musings of Captain Justice by Guilford L. "Gil" Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
2011 MS150 ride
- How did Hewlett-Packard (HP) die so quickly?
- Hot ride on Fall Creek loop
- 6 Reasons The Guy Who’s Fixing Your Computer Hates You | Cracked.com
- Wal-mart as the new head of state
- We took ye for granted, and are sorry for it
- High Court Upholds Arizona Law Penalizing Employers Over Illegal Immigrant Workers
- Advice for fathers about their sons and their mothers
- The fog of disclosure: Why we must see the visuals, but never will
- Environmental nuts: Here’s How to “Be Green”
- Just another ride … with 13,000 friends
- The BP MS 150 is coming . . . SOON!
- Never let a good crisis go to waste
- Catch me if you can
- P.J. O’Rourke on the Scourge of Bike Lanes – WSJ.com
- A most excellent adventure in the wildflowers
John Henderson on Reflections from the Seat of a… Gil Jones on Reflections from the Seat of a… John Henderson on Reflections from the Seat of a… How Popular Tech Com… on How did Hewlett-Packard (HP) d… Gil Jones on How did Hewlett-Packard (HP) d…
Tag Archives: Garmin Forerunner 305
If you don’t follow that math, it’s understandable. But if you take a geezer-squad of three guys 67 years young (two of them precisely that age) and one of 74 years, and put them on bicycles out to prove nothing, … Continue reading
Saturday, Feb 12, 2011 and it is a cold, clear day. Couple of weeks until the 67th anniversary of my day of birth. Dang, it’s colder than forecast, hoping it warms soon. The ride that Don laid out yesterday will … Continue reading
A geezer-odyssey of (potentially) epic proportions involving two wheels, three wheels, and 132 years of combined ages all coalesce on a New Year’s Eve day in 2010. Continue reading
Click here to view the online dataset for Bertram Loop 28.5 miles at Garmin Connect. It’s just one of at least 3 places I save data from runs and rides. The Garmin Forerunner 305 “sport watch” comes with it’s own … Continue reading
SportTracks by Zonefive software is a very interesting program. I use it with my Garmin Forerunner 305 (FR) sport watch and my Garmin Oregon 400t handheld GPS (as a backup). The FR comes with a nice program for downloading exercise/training … Continue reading
As long as you can sneak in between the little cold fronts that start whipping down this way, October in Central Texas is a month during which you can do just about anything outdoors you think you’re big enough to … Continue reading
My good friend Don Bynum continues to organize bicycle rides that are hard to pass up. One might think that if you had a 12 day layoff from workouts, you might, or might not, be up for a 36 miles … Continue reading
(updated 9/14/2010) Jennifer thinks I’ve lost my mind and today I set out to prove to her … that she’s probably right! Moreover, I’ve almost convinced myself.
(update: after an extensive email repartee, the Llano-Castell route has now been officially named Tour de Longneques — in recognition of one of the prime goals thereof, Lone Star Longnecks!) (further update — GPX file of the route and of … Continue reading