Get a Road ID for safety
Immediate medical and contact info is available to first responders in the event of a mishap. I wear mine 24/7. Click the logo to check it out.
COUPON: good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 08/08/2011. To order, click the link
Musings of Captain Justice by Guilford L. "Gil" Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
2011 MS150 ride
- How did Hewlett-Packard (HP) die so quickly?
- Hot ride on Fall Creek loop
- 6 Reasons The Guy Who’s Fixing Your Computer Hates You | Cracked.com
- Wal-mart as the new head of state
- We took ye for granted, and are sorry for it
- High Court Upholds Arizona Law Penalizing Employers Over Illegal Immigrant Workers
- Advice for fathers about their sons and their mothers
- The fog of disclosure: Why we must see the visuals, but never will
- Environmental nuts: Here’s How to “Be Green”
- Just another ride … with 13,000 friends
- The BP MS 150 is coming . . . SOON!
- Never let a good crisis go to waste
- Catch me if you can
- P.J. O’Rourke on the Scourge of Bike Lanes – WSJ.com
- A most excellent adventure in the wildflowers
John Henderson on Reflections from the Seat of a… Gil Jones on Reflections from the Seat of a… John Henderson on Reflections from the Seat of a… How Popular Tech Com… on How did Hewlett-Packard (HP) d… Gil Jones on How did Hewlett-Packard (HP) d…
Category Archives: Running
ad·dic·tion –noun the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma. (Dictionary.com Unabridged, Based on the Random House … Continue reading
Good idea, not always possible. For active people on two wheels or four, on snow or water, hiking, hunting or whatever — something or somebody can whack you. I have been lucky in around a quarter-million miles on a motorcycle … Continue reading
A geezer-odyssey of (potentially) epic proportions involving two wheels, three wheels, and 132 years of combined ages all coalesce on a New Year’s Eve day in 2010. Continue reading
SportTracks by Zonefive software is a very interesting program. I use it with my Garmin Forerunner 305 (FR) sport watch and my Garmin Oregon 400t handheld GPS (as a backup). The FR comes with a nice program for downloading exercise/training … Continue reading
(updated 9/14/2010) Jennifer thinks I’ve lost my mind and today I set out to prove to her … that she’s probably right! Moreover, I’ve almost convinced myself.
At last! The Couch-to-5k program was the beginning. I got off the couch and completed the 9-week program at which point I could run the 3 miles. Wanting additional guidance and inspiration, I designed an additional running schedule for 16 … Continue reading
While reading “Born to run …” I am mindful that the author, McDougall, is also a leading proponent of barefoot running, which the Tarahumara do quite successfully. When I started running again with my Couch-to-5k program everyone chimed in with … Continue reading
Descriptive writing is wonderful. For example: You didn’t even have to hear Barefoot Ted to appreciate his cocktail shaker of a mind; just seeing him was enough. His outfit was a combination of Tibetan Warrior Monk and skateboard chic: denim … Continue reading