These are all just too good not to capture here. Real life quotes that once again proof that life is stranger than fiction! Thanks to the blogger who found these gems.
“Don’t give me the wine-and-dine baloney, young lady.”
– Arlen Specter (R – PA) lashing out at conservative radio host Laura Ingraham for suggesting that he supported the stimulus package because of his relationship with President Obama
Yeah, take that, young lady!
“I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me, and I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day.”
– Alex Rodriguez admitting in an interview that he used steroids from 2001 to 2003
Annnd…so I did drugs.
“Politics can’t be any dirtier of a job than the one I am already in.”
– Stormy Daniels, porn star, on running for the U.S. Senate seat in Louisiana
That was actually a pretty witty comment…for a porn star.
“If you need an example for how to live, then you just shouldn’t have been born. Straight up.”
– Lil Wayne explaining why he doesn’t worry about setting a bad example for children, including his own son and daughter, despite being a self-proclaimed user of and advocate for marijuana
Straight up, not even born! You said it, Weezy.
“GM is not a career anymore.”
– Tom Suarto, a retired autoworker whose family has worked for General Motors since 1912
That’s never what a corporate comm. team wants to hear.
“If you would like to share your comments regarding our relationship with Michael Phelps, please press one … If you’re calling about the recent peanut butter recall, please press two now.”
– Kellogg’s consumer hotline recording
And you know your crisis comm. team is busy when this is your company’s recorded message.
“Joaquin, I’m sorry you couldn’t be here tonight.”
– David Letterman, to Joaquin Phoenix, after the actor’s odd appearance on The Late Show
If you haven’t seen this Letterman clip, check it out. He’s a weird dude, but I dig him.
“I was simply making a goofy face.”
– Miley Cyrus in response to criticism surrounding her making a slant-eyed gesture
And that goofy face looks exactly like the face by which a majority of the world stereotypes Asians…
“We hate you guys, but there is nothing much we can do.”
– Luo Ping, Director-General at the China Banking Regulatory Commission, saying Beijing will continue to buy U.S. treasuries despite worries about American finances
Tell us how you really feel.